Thursday, November 20, 2008

From the mouths of babes!


Kids say the funniest things...Anna Lynn, one of the daycare babies, gave me the thrill of my heart. We were asking all of the kids what they were thankful for, one by one, and writing what they said on paper leaves to hang up on our bulletain board. Most of the children said that they were thankful for thier mommy and daddy, or thier toys. When it came around to Anna Lynn, she said, "I am thankful for the treats God gives me!" Isn't God amazing? Although she is only 2 1/2, she clearly sees that God is a loving God, and that he blesses us so richly!


God is doing some amazing things in my life, and everyday I pray that he would show me more and more of himself. Maw got put in the hospital today. She had a high temp. this moring and it made her start slurring her speech and become really disoriented. My Aunt Renee took her to the Er and they decided to keep her. She is much better tonight, more like her old self, but ever so sleepy. Mom came up from Florida to be with her. They are not completely sure, but they think that she may have had a mini stroke. They are going to rerun her blood work again tomorrow to see if it will show anything. Church tonight was such a blessing! Bro Jimbo is still in Ft. Walton, finishing up the revival, so the music minister, Bro Scott, preached tonight. He talked about how are sensitivity is all backwards. We get all upset and bent out of shape about who Obama picks for his cabinet, while we could really care less whether or not our loved ones and neighbors are going to die and go to hell. While the news and Gov't is important, we did our best on Nov 4, and we have to leave it at that. There is nothing to do now but pray. Meanwhile, we need to get passionate about the people in this world who are lost, maybe living right beside us, but do not know Jesus. It really spoke to me. I am so burdened for my lost friends. I pray that my life would be a witness to all that I come in contact with and that the love of God would poor through me like light shining bright through a window. I pray that God would poor me out everyday and fill me with him, so that there is no room for anything of myself. God is so good to us!

No comments: