Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gideon and the Fleece

I havent posted in a few days and things have been so crazy. I am having some relationship issues with a friend and they have kinda went bad. I hate that it had to be that way. I am also on the job hunt again. Working for family had proved to be a much more tiresome task than I had origially anticipated. God has really given me peace about both of these circumstances though, and I am trusting him to bring me through it.
I am excited about next semester approaching quickly, but all in the same knowing that my life is about to be turned upside down. Jeremy and I agreed that I need to work about 20 hours a week in order to maintain our bubget at this time. Couple that with 21 credit hours of school, I am just praying that I can make it out alive. I am sure I can do it though, IF I will put my mind to it.
Jeremy and I did some Christmas shopping today. I am finding that it is the gifts that I make myself that seem to mean the most. We ran into some people from the church at walmart and it was nice to see some friendly faces. I missed seeing those real kind of people since we missed church on Wed. I am anxiously awaiting corporate worship tomorrow moring at Straigh Paths. I really like that church, I just want to stand behind Jeremy in whatever decision that he makes, knowing that God put him at the head of the family for a reason. If he had wanted me to be in charge, he would have made me a man! God is so good though, he really is. I was doubting whether or not God wanted us at that church and lo and behold we run into not one family, but two from the church! This is the third time that God has almost audibly spoken to me about the church, and I keep asking for more affimation. He is such a gracious God. Isnt it wonderful that he meets us in our weekness? I can just picture him smiling, stroking my hair, and saying, "Oh, my precious child, do not worry. I have it all sorted out, just rely on me and I will not let you down." meanwhile, I am looking up at him going, "are you sure about this God? I mean, i dunno, this isnt what I had pictured at all. I mean, can you give me another sign, a little more affirmation if you will?" I know it sounds funny, and I do not intend to mock at all, but its the truth. We so often trust those who we know will fail us and are not willing to completely trust the one who holds our very life in his hands. Well, I guess thats 3 times he has shown me what I hadnt pictured was the way my life would be going. But, I suppose he knows what he is doing, Afterall, he created me :-)

No comments: