Thursday, August 20, 2009

Not my story, but his...

I have never been one who liked to talk about my past. Whenever the word "testimony" came up, I would cringe. I just knew if I let people see what I had been though they would hurt me. So for a very long time I kept it in, not letting anyone see who I really was. In the last year or so, God has been leading me to share more and more. Sometimes its a specific part, sometimes the whole thing, but no matter what he leads me to share, I am finding that he always works through that. He has shown me just in the last few weeks that the things I share are not who I am now, nor do they define me. They are things that although they hurt at the time and are not pretty, that he let me go though in order to bring me to this very place, and for a specific purpose. I have been told so many times after sharing something from my past how much courage it gave them or how it blessed them. I would never want to miss out on an opportunity to bring God glory. I have found that it is not my story. His blood has covered it and it is no longer mine to feel the hurt of or to be paralyzed by. If what I have been through brings just one person closer to the LORD than it was completely worth it. Just thought I would share that!

"Moving Forward"
by: Israel Houghton
What a moment
You have brought me to
Such a freedom I have found in You.
You're the healer
Who makes all things new
Yeah yeah
I'm not going back
I'm moving ahead
Here to declare to you
My past is over in You
All things are made new
Surrendered my love to Christ
I'm moving moving forward
You have risen
With all power in Your hands
You have given me
A second chance
Hallelujah hallelujah
Yeah, yeah, yeah
You make all things new
Yes You make all things new
And I will follow You Forward

No comments: